1. Motion Block
•Infrared light sensor: IR (1), IR (2), IR (3)
- Detects objects and colors
- Detects objects by emitting infrared light at a wavelength of 950nm, which reflects off the objects and is received by the IR sensors
- Detection distance: 2.5mm~22cm
- Detection value range: 0~4095 (Distance and IR value proportionally increase)
- Detection value of colors is dependent on the surface material of an object and the distance to the object (Blue 181, Green 179, Orange 169, Yellow 167, Pink 164)
•The IR sensors can measure acceleration on 3-axes (X, Y, Z) and angular acceleration of U, V, W.
•A photogate sensor (sold separately) can be connected to the PG1 and PG2 ports to detect objects passing between the gates.
2. Connect to the Motion Block
3. Scratch Blocks used for Motion Block operation
|Check IR/acceleration/angular acceleration values||Use the IR sensor value to hide the Sprite [Bat1]|
when an object comes close
4. Applications of the Motion Block
|Slope measuring instrument||Line tracer car||Pendulum measuring instrument||Speed of moving object measuring|
5. External sensors that can be connected to the Motion Block